Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Solitary Trek?

This is the fifth post in a series I'm writing about what I gleaned from Beth Moore's Breaking Free Bible study.  If you'd like to read this series from the beginning, click here.  Or here is a list of the first four posts in order:  
The first two posts give some more background information on my story and the tools I am using to have victory, so be sure to check them out if you are new to this series.  The rest of this post might not make much sense without the context from the others.  

The next category of lies that God revealed to me through this study have to do with my relationship with Him.  Here's how these lies sound in my head when anger builds.  
  • I'm all alone in this
  • No one understands me or this situation
  • God is not willing to help me
An honest look at these lies revealed the following:
  • I am not believing that God is always with me
  • I am not believing that He would never abandon me
  • I am not believing that He would never forsake me
Here's what the Word has to say about my lies (for the sake of brevity, I'll list only the references here):
  • Psalm 46: 1
  • Isaiah 43: 2
  • Isaiah 41: 10
  • Deuteronomy 31: 8
  • Hosea 6: 3
  • Psalm 27: 10
  • Psalm 32: 8
  • Deuteronomy 33: 27
  • Isaiah 54: 10
  • Joshua 1: 9
  • Zephaniah 3: 17
    These are the verses I have been praying  and meditating on to fill my mind with truth about God's presence and faithfulness.  And He has been faithful to bring them to mind in moments of stress to tear down the lies I mentioned above, which would lead to defeat.  Of course, the verses I am using to combat these lies are just a small taste of all of God's promises to be with us through this life.  If you have a favorite I did not mention, please share!

    This is the fifth post in a series of posts.  You can find the first four posts by following the following links:
    And a related post:

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails