Sunday, February 6, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 56

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 56
"Record my lament; 
   list my tears on your scroll 
   are they not in your record?"  Psalm 56: 8
The tenderness of God.  All grace.  Will He allow suffering, pain, sorrow tears?  Yes.  But He will not be callous or forgetful.  He sees each tear that falls.  He records them, lists them, bottles them and soon, will wipe them away.  He is tender with us.  We can trust Him with our tears.


Father, thank You for Your compassion, which never fails.  Thank You for your tenderness with me.  Help me to never forget to trust You with my pain and my brokenness.  In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails