Thursday, May 13, 2010

How Sean Hannity Led me to the Lord- Part Two

Read Part One here.

...  And God used him to slowly transform me by the renewing of my mind.  I began to wonder if maybe there really were some moral absolutes in this life.  I realized that a conservative world view could be formed logically and intelligently.  All this truly paved the way for me to eventually see the truth and accept a biblical world view.
 
I began to question my beliefs- both religious and secular/political- and why I held them.  When I looked at many of my beliefs logically and analytically, they just weren't holding water anymore.  Of course, my boyfriend (who would later become my husband) and I would discuss all my musings.  While he was always more politically moderate to conservative than I, we both were unsure of our "religious" beliefs.  

Lots more life happened.  T and I got engaged.  We began attending church together in the denomination we had grown up in.  We got married, had a baby and bought a house in a new area.  We church hopped in our area within the same denomination but could not find a church we called home.  We watched as our nation was brought to its knees on 9/11/01.  Time marched on but the nagging questions remained.

At some point, we had heard enough about the Bible from my cousin and her husband that we were both questioning where we stood with God and what exactly was "the truth."  I remember vividly T and I sitting in the parking lot of our local movie theater, killing time and chatting before going in to see a film, and deciding that we would try to get some of our questions answered.  We decided that we would seek after the truth, if it could be known, no matter where it led us.

We made an appointment with the pastor at the local church we had been attending.  We brought him our questions and he asked if we could set another time to meet when he could answer our questions and give us some literature.  So, we made plans to have him over for dinner.  That morning, I cleaned and shopped and cooked and cleaned some more- all while trying to pacify my high needs baby who hardly napped.  T came home early and we waited and waited and waited some more.  But the doorbell never rang.  He never came and never called.  When we called to inquire about him...

Part III

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails