Saturday, May 15, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 18

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 18
For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God? Ps 18:31
Our small church was rocked to the core by an unexpected tragedy on Thursday.  We are battling in prayer against our Enemy who would use this crisis to take our eyes off the only One who can comfort us at this time.  We are pressing in on the Truth and offering the sacrifice of praise to the only One who work ALL THINGS together for good for those who love Him.


So when my eyes fell on Psalm 18 today, the two things I was drawn to were the many titles given to God in the psalm and the vivid descriptions of his powerful protection over His Servant.  Two things I certainly needed to hear today.  I am remembering today who He is and praying He show Himself in these ways to His children who are hurting and weak and confused:     


The LORD
My strength
My rock
My fortress
My deliverer
My God
My refuge 
My shield
The horn of my salvation
My stronghold
The Most High
My support
My Savior

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your turmoil. I love the listing of His titles in this Psalm. Thank you for listing them.

Natalie said...

Thank you for your care and prayers, ladies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails