Saturday, May 1, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 16

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.

Psalm 16 

I have set the LORD always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  Psalm 16:8
Sometimes, He speaks so clearly to me that I am sure He wrote the words only for me!   During my retreat this week, God gave me a strong desire to commune with Him as closely in my daily life as I did those few days, when all the cares of the world were on hold.  He reminded me of the all consuming grip I allowed Him over my heart and mind when I first came to Him.  He told me that if I seek Him in every moment, if I abide in Him, I will bear much fruit.  Those sins that  seem to still ensnare me will lose their power if I allow His Spirit to work in me.   Then, today, I read this psalm and the words of verse 8 seem written just for me- to remind and confirm.  I receive them as part of His personal love letter to me.  Lord, help me to set You before me!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

He told me that if I seek Him in every moment, if I abide in Him, I will bear much fruit.

Awesome words! Praising Him for His patient faithfulness!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails