Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Summer's a comin'!

A few weeks ago, the summer camp brochures began arriving in the mailbox.  Simultaneously, the e-mails describing the fun-filled summer days my kids might enjoy at camp began flooding the inbox.  In the past, we have done a few weeks of half day camp with our two boys.  For our family, it was a good balance- lots of family and free time as well as some structured time with friends for our two older children.  This year, our financial situation is limiting our camp options to one week each for the boys.  We are also scaling back our vacation plans this summer, so it looks like the kids and I will be spending lots of time together close to home this summer.  I must admit that I have been feeling a bit anxious about how to make the summer a fun time for all of us while continuing to fulfill my household and work responsibilities.  Recently, I came across a series of blog posts on Inspired to Action about planning a summer of purpose.  I was happy to see that I'm not the only one thinking about summer already.  I wanted to share this post of Kat's in case you're ruminating about summer plans, too.  I was so inspired by the verse and the advice that was shared that I decided to make it our family's theme verse for the summer and the focus of our planning!
"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."  Luke 2:52

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails