Saturday, March 12, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 61

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms


Psalm 61
"Hear my cry, O God;
   listen to my prayer.
 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
   I call as my heart grows faint;
   lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 
 For you have been my refuge,
   a strong tower against the foe.
 I long to dwell in your tent forever
   and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."  Psalm 61: 1-4
The simple truth is that He can sometimes seem very far away.  I know He is there but I can't feel His presence, see His hand or sense His leading.  Sometimes, I will cry with David, "Hear me!  Lead me!  Help me!"  And at other times, in weaker moments, I succumb to the lie that I am He is not listening.  


I'm a black and white kind of girl.  I like things to keep moving forward in a logical, predictable pattern.  But life is not like that, is it?  Life is a journey, with twists and turns and highs and lows.  And I am learning.  Learning to call to Him even in the times when my heart grows faint.  Learning to wait for Him to answer and to lead.  Learning to trust that He is my refuge and my strong tower, no matter how I feel in the moment.


Father, I thank You for never changing.  Though my circumstances change and my heart grows faint, You are always there.  You are my refuge and my strong tower.  You always offer the shelter of Your wings.  Help me to abide in You, God.  Help me to remember and believe You regardless of my circumstances.  In Jesus' name, amen.  

2 comments:

Gentle Heart Homestead said...

Hi Natalie,
I am also learning to call, to wait and to trust :-)
It's a life's work!
Praise God for His patience.
blessings..Trish

Jenny said...

I'm pretty good at the calling...it's the waiting and the trust I struggle with. But that's what this life is about right? The patient endurance till Heaven.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails