Sunday, March 20, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 62

Jenny is on a journey of praying her way through the Psalms.  I was fortunate enough to join at the start.  Each weekend, we pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 62
"One thing God has spoken, 
   two things have I heard: 
that you, O God, are strong, 
 and that you, O Lord, are loving. 
Surely you will reward each person 
   according to what he has done."  Psalm 62: 11-12
From these verses came the inspiration for my blog title and tagline,  One Thing Spoken, Two Things Heard: Listening for God's Love and Strength.  And the inspiration, also, for the blog's primary purpose and direction.  I write here as a means for processing my experiences and emotions in the light of God and His Word.  As I do, I try always to be listening for His strength and love in my life.  And I can always hear it when I incline my ear to Him- He is faithful!


Father, thank You for Your strength and love.  For how it is personal and real You are in my life.  Thank You for Your faithfulness, for always keeping Your promises.  Help me to always "hear" You working in my life.  In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails