Saturday, August 14, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 31

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.
  
          "You have not handed me over to the enemy
                but have set my feet in a spacious place." Ps 31:8 NIV
"You have not handed me over to my enemies
      but have set me in a safe place.
"  Ps 31:8 NLT
"And You have not given me into the hand of the enemy;                                      You have set my feet in a broad place. " Ps 31:8 AMP
"And have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy;
         You have set my feet in a wide place." Ps 31: 8 NKJV
 
Same verse, four different translations and I love them all!   We have an enemy who prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  He wants to immobilize us.  To back us into a corner where we are crowded, overwhelmed, confused, ineffective.  

But God!  He has not given us into the hand of the enemy.  He has set our feet in a spacious, broad, wide, safe place!  We have not been shut up either but given the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  

So what can we do when we feel backed into a corner, shut up into the hand of the enemy?  Fight back with the weapon He has given.  Believe God and His Word over our feelings and circumstances, meditate on His Word, pray His Word.  And walk with Him.  Hold tight to His hand and step our feet in unfamiliar yet spacious places!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails