Sunday, March 28, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 11

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.

Psalm 11
Lord,
Help me to remember that you are on the throne.  You have not left Your holy temple.  Your eyes continue to observe and examine each one here on earth.  You are still the righteous Judge. 

Do not let me forget that a time is coming when this upside down world will be turned right side up.  We are under Your grace right now but Your judgment will not tarry forever.  Help me, O God, not to despair about the wrongs in this world, this country, even the circumstance of my life.  Help me to remember that You work all things together for good. 

Give me a heart to affect those in my family, my friends, my community, the world who do not know you so that on the coming day of judgment, they also will be found righteous in Your sight because they have believed.

In Jesus' name.  Amen.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Help me to remember that You work all things together for good.

This seems so hard for me at times. I only see the "seen" and forget to stop and notice the "unseen" work of His mighty hand.

All things for His good...Amen

Anne said...

Beautiful reflective prayer. Can you just picture Him intently watching us with so much love in His heart?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails