Saturday, March 20, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 10

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.

Psalm 10
Lord,
I am so much like this psalmist.  I spend far too much time despairing over where You are and why You have not delivered me from any given trial.  I spend far too much energy stroking my own pride by denouncing in my heart the missteps and wickedness of others. 

I am so grateful for Your Word and Your Spirit, God.  It is because of these gifts that I do eventually turn to You with my troubles.  I return from afar off and remember that yes, You DO hear "the desire of the afflicted; You encourage them, and You listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed."  And I receive Your peace.

Let Your Word change me more each day!

In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

3 comments:

Anne said...

"Stroking my own pride" that's a great description. I've done that far too often, much more than I care to admit!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

"Eventually . . . and I receive Your peace." It's so true that it is often our fault we haven't received His peace. Amen.

Jenny said...

Let Your Word change me more each day!

Amen!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails