Saturday, February 13, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 5

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey: Praying the Psalms

Psalm 5
Father God,
I thank You that You are attentive to my words,
That You consider my sighing,
That You listen to my cries for help.

I thank You for developing in me the discipline
to seek You in the morning.
When I lay my requests before You, Lord
help me to wait in expectation.
Increase my faith!

Lord, I praise You for your holiness and your righteousness!
Oh, and for Your great mercy and grace!
Only by these can I enter Your presence.


Lord, lead me along the paths of righteousness.
Make straight the way before me.
Give me clarity and the power of Your Spirit,
So that I may walk in Your truth.


Thank You, O God, for being my refuge and my protection.
May my lips sing for joy and my mouth be full of Your praise.
Bless me, Lord, and surround me with Your favor.


In Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

"Give me clarity and the power of Your Spirit" beautiful! Thank you for those rich words.

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Amen. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails