Saturday, February 20, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 6

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey: Praying the Psalms


How appropriate for me to pray this psalm as the content lines up so well with my current Bible study this week.  And it lines up with my personal journey with the Lord of being uncovered before Him in confession, pouring out my heart to Him to receive His healing, His comfort, His power, His restoration!


Psalm 6
My Lord,
You are so good to me
You do not rebuke or discipline me in your anger
But correct and convict me gently in your justice and love!


Have mercy on me God,
for I am so weak.
Heal me, God, for my soul is in anguish.
In Your unfailing love, deliver me from my own internal enemies-
my selfishness, my sins, my weaknesses.


I am worn out from groaning;
I pray now for Godly sorrow so that my weeping
will align with Your heart and not my own selfish desires;
I want to taste the sweet victory You have promised.


You have heard my cry for mercy;
Accept my prayer!
In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a powerful prayer...

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails