Friday, February 12, 2010

Carried for My Shame


I began my quiet time yesterday morning with this song.  It is such a beautiful song that captures the heart of worship.  But the part that made me catch my breath yesterday was this simple lyric, "Carried the cross for my shame."  Of course, for the believer this is not new information but doesn't it still just make you catch your breath when you slow down and meditate on it?  Since I have been musing about being uncovered before God to trade my shame and fear for His covering, these words just really spoke to me.

I wish I were more eloquent at times like this!  I am so glad to know that He can hear past my feeble words and hear my heart crying out in thanksgiving that HE IS SO GOOD!  God Himself suffered and died, not only for my sins but also to remove my shame!!!  He could have set it up that we are saved from the wages of sin because of His death yet still had to bear the effects of shame but NO; He set it up so that His substitutionary death not only paid the wages of sin but also removed our shame.
"So, I'll stand, with arms high and heart abandoned, in awe of the One who gave it all."
Lord,

Thank You for your perfect plan of salvation and restoration, O God.  You are so very good, loving and compassionate to us!  Help me to honor Your sacrifice by refusing to live ashamed and condemned.  Empower me to live an uncovered life before You.  Give me true repentance that not only expresses sorrow for my sins but results in a changed life!   Make me to walk in power and faith that Your Word is true and that I already have the victory.  Help me to put off the old woman and her shame and fear and put on the new woman with a new attitude and Your righteousness and holiness.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails