Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Satisfaction

We had a Women's Prayer Breakfast at church this past Saturday and I am still thinking about the DVD teaching by Beth Moore we watched and the discussion that followed.

Extraordinary Women-A Woman's Prayer Life

Beth taught on Psalm 63- exhorting and encouraging women to enter into a "sacred romance" relationship with the Lover of our souls.  Let me tell you, and I am not exaggerating, every woman in that room was BLOWN AWAY by the teaching.  And the informal discussion that followed was so deep and soul baring that once again we were all moved.  If you have occasion to host a small group of women in your home or church to view this DVD and discuss the content, I urge you to do so!

And since I do so want you to see and discuss this teaching IRL, I won't go into too much detail about the message.  I will share a few thoughts about the message and subsequent discussion that spoke to me personally with the intention of whetting your appetite for more :)  

"My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; 
       with singing lips my mouth will praise you."  Ps 63:5

God wants us to have souls that are satisfied with the richest of foods.  Not ones that are subsiding on the crumbs from under the table!  An satisfied soul is the product of the pursuit of God.  We can know God for years, decades even, without receiving the abundant life He offers.  We receive salvation upon receiving Jesus, we pursue satisfaction of soul by earnestly seeking a love relationship with God throughout our lives.

"O God, you are my God,
       earnestly I seek you;" Ps 63:1 

We were created with the needs for affirmation, love, attention, affection.  Only He can satisfy these soul needs.  And when our soul needs are not satisfied, we default to other means to obtain this satisfaction.  Beth goes into great detail about how we seek to get these needs met outside of God and encourages us down the right path- to Him!  Since that is the heart of the study, I won't elaborate on this even though I SO WANT TO :)

Much of our group discussion focused on the freedom many of us received from understanding that God created us with these needs.  We are not weak because we need love, affirmation, etc.  Many revealed their needs, their strongholds, their secrets and many more nodded their heads in agreement to the struggles of others.  We all left encouraged to receive God's unfailing love completely and to empty ourselves of our strongholds and sin so that He can fill and satisfy us.  We left excited to begin or refresh a deep love relationship with the Lord and a passion to pursue satisfaction in Him!

If you do (or already have) see and discuss this teaching, please come back and let me know what you thought!

As an aside, can I just mention that I just discovered Beth Moore last year.  What is up with that?!?  How did I go 7 years as a Christian woman without ever even hearing of her?!?  And now, well, I am kind of a groupie.  But not in a weird, stalker way :)  I have just been so incredibly blessed, encouraged and challenged by her rich teaching that I seek it out whenever I can.  And I just love her heart- she is so open about her shortcomings and so in love with Jesus now- that it gives me hope for myself.  Her life and ministry show what God can and does do with a woman is faithful to Him.

FYI- I believe the link above is affiliated with my Amazon account so if you click on it and buy the DVD, I get a credit of some sort with Amazon.  Honestly, I am not fully sure what that credit is or if that is even the link associated with my Amazon account but I wanted to be open with you in case it is!  No one asked me to review this DVD publicly, I just couldn't help myself :p

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails