Saturday, July 10, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 26

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.

Psalm 26

While I have not led a blameless life nor has my trust been unwavering,
I do invite You, Lord, to test me and try me, to examine my heart and mind.
For if I hope to walk continually in your truth,
if I hope to walk in victory,
I must allow You access to my heart and mind.
I am not afraid of this Lord.
Not because I am innocent in and of myself.
But because of Your unfailing love.
A love that is every before me.
The redeeming, merciful love of Jesus.
In Him, I receive innocence and blamelessness.
In Him, my feet rest on level ground.
Help me, Lord Jesus, to abide in Your love!
In Your Name I pray, amen.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you Colleen! Blessings to you!

Stef said...

I love reading these! And am standing with you - test my heart Lord! Romans 3:23 - we ALL fall short of the glory of God. So awesome His love is unfailing!!

HUGS
Stef

Natalie said...

Amen, Stef! Thanks for stopping in again :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails