Sunday, January 17, 2010

Psalm 1- Praying the Psalms

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her blog: Praying the Psalms and her prayer on Psalm 1.

Psalm 1
Bless me O God and keep me from seeking or heeding the advice of those who do not know You. Remind me that Your ways are higher than our ways and that even counsel that seems good can be the way of death. Help me to seek Your will in Your Word first! Keep me from sinning and deliver me from my personal temptations. Help me God to refrain from scoffing and mocking others. Remind me to remove the log in my own eye before I point out the speck in someone else's.

Lord, I do delight in Your Word! I thank you for it and ask You to give me the discipline to meditate on it day and night.

Make my roots grow deep into You Lord and refresh me with Your living water. May I receive the fruits of Your spirit. May I abide in You and live abundantly.

Lord, I recognize that much of my life is chaff. Refine me, Lord. Burn away the impurities in my life and show me how to live for you. Make my life an offering of love to You! Remind me, Lord, to pray for those precious people in my life who do not know You that their eyes may be opened to Your truth and they will be able to stand in the assembly of the righteous.

Thank You for watching over me, for loving me, for being my Abba Father.

In Jesus' Name.


7 comments:

Jenny said...

..."Keep me from seeking advice or heeding the advice of those who do not know you..."

So important! I am already being blessed by others meditations on the Psalms. Thank you for your beautiful words.

Laura at By the Bushel said...

Great list- great post- thanks for counting and sharing this Psalm. I prayed 139 today, so much there, the Psalms are wonderful.
Blessings to you and yours!

Natalie said...

Thank you ladies! Blessings to you!

Nora said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog Natalie! I'm so excited to see that you are an adoptive mom also. Many blessings to you and your family:) I love the Psalms...I just found this awesome allegorical story based on Psalm 43 by Susan Hunt. http://www.amazon.com/Sammy-His-Shepherd-Susan-Hunt/dp/1567691099 I don't know how old your kids are..but I can't wait to read it to my kids because it is full of God's truths.

Nora said...

Duh..I mean Psalm 23 (typo:)

Natalie said...

Thanks for the recommendation Nora. I will check it out. My kids love Pilgrim's Progress so I bet this would be wonderful!

Camie said...

What an excellent idea! Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails