Thursday, January 7, 2010

1,000 Gifts

I am not one for New Year's resolutions. I guess I have learned from experience that while I can make the resolutions quite easily, I find it hard to keep them as the days and months march on. Yet, I can't shake the feeling that, this year, I should be making some resolutions. Maybe it is because it has been a year of change and growth for me and I don't want that to stop? The thing is we are a week into the new year and I have not been able to come up with a resolution that seems to fit me and satisfies that feeling I just mentioned.

But today as I was perusing a blog that is new to me, I got a vision. Way back in 2003, Ann at A Holy Experience invited her readers to join her on a journey to give God thanks for a thousand graces and in the process transform their lives into ones that continually glorify Him. Now that sounds like a resolution that I want to make! As Ann advises, I am setting a time goal for giving thanks for 1,000 gifts. I am going to try to reach the 1,000 point by April 29, 2010. Ann posts some of her thanks on Mondays along with a group of other bloggers working toward their gratitude goals. I hope to do the same each Monday.

But if I want to reach 1,000 by April 29th I had better start now... I am thankful for the opportunity to be transformed by gratitude and to glorify my Lord by offering my love and appreciation to Him each day!

holy experience

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails