Saturday, January 23, 2010

Psalm 2- Praying the Psalms

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her blog: Praying the Psalms


Psalm 2
Father God,

I praise You for removing the scales from my eyes so that I am saved from Your wrath. I spend so much time meditating on Your love, mercy and grace that I often forget about Your justice. You are not willing that any should perish BUT many will because of their unwillingness to "kiss Your Son." And though there was a time when I was foolish enough to live a life that stood against You, You have changed me and forgiven me! Thank You, Lord! Jesus thank you taking my sins upon You and saving me from the Father's wrath. Thank You for the freedom I now have to take refuge in You.

I pray for those who do not yet acknowledge You, Lord, that their eyes would also be opened. I pray for the rulers in this country and around the world who conspire against You that they would receive Your wisdom and begin to serve You with fear and trembling and come to accept Your Son. I look forward to that day when You will restore Your kingdom on Earth.

In Jesus' Name. Amen.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Praising God for His merciful justice! Your heart, filled with praise and petition, touched mine as well. Thank you for wandering with me through His Word. Blessings...

Natalie said...

I'm enjoying it, Jenny, thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails