Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Where are you?

I started attending the new women's bible study at my church on Monday night. It is Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place. In the first day's homework, Beth asks the reader to consider for herself the question God posed to Adam and Eve in the garden after the fall. Where are you? What season of life do you find yourself in? Wherever you are, God is seeking you. God is seeking me. His desire is to dwell with us, to walk with us in the cool of the day. I love how Beth Moore describes this as "God's glorious, incomprehensible desire to meet with humans."

Obviously this is not a new concept to the believer. But sometimes, for me anyway, I find that knowing something is one thing and meditating on it is quite another. Yes, I KNOW God loves me and that He wants fellowship with me. But when I stop to meditate on the truth that a holy God not only loves me but He likes me, too! He delights in me. I bring a smile to His face. Me? This woman who is too often angry, cranky, harried? WOW!!! He is truly amazing and beyond my comprehension.

So, where am I right now? What season of life? I am wife to a wonderful man who works long and hard to provide for his family. We spend as much time together as we can as a couple and a family but the demands of his work are limiting. I am a mother to three young children who are still quite dependent on me for their basic needs. I am daughter to a wonderful mom and dad with whom I enjoy a close relationship. I am a sister, cousin and friend. I am in a season of learning about myself and growing in the Lord. I am clawing my way out of a season of failure and I am believing God for the total victory He has for me. I am learning to come out of my comfort zone to grow.

I am excited about a new opportunity for growth through this study. I am praying that God will use it to teach me to consistently and deliberately choose to serve Him each day. I pray for Him to empower me to walk in habitual fellowship with Him and away from habitual failure!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails