Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 75

Jenny is on a journey of praying her way through the Psalms.  I was fortunate enough to join at the start.  Each weekend, we pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


*I am a little behind so I hope to post my meditations on Psalm 75 and 76 this week to catch up.*


Psalm 75
   "We give thanks to you, O God, 
   we give thanks, for your Name is near; 
   men tell of your wonderful deeds."  Psalm 75: 1
Just about eighteen months ago, I made a decision to start counting His graces and give thanks for His daily gifts.  It's been a wonderful journey.  I've learned to slow down and see how He is working in my life- sometimes straining my eyes to see His daily graces and other times, not being able to write them down fast enough.  Throughout the journey, though, I've wondered (maybe even worried a bit) about how I might respond in a devastating circumstance.  Would I respond with the hard hallelujah as Ann calls it?  Would I give thanks in the midst of pain and suffering, simply because I know His Name is near?  


I do not know the answers to these questions.  However, I do know this- in the process of counting His gifts, I am training my heart to recognize His hand more readily and filling my mind with a command that weaves its way through Scripture from Genesis to Revelation- "give thanks to the Lord."  And so I trust that when trials come, this training will bear fruit, His Spirit will remind of the Truth and I will turn it all back to praise.


Father, I pray that You would continue to help me see Your graces in my life.  Help me to remember to give You thanks in all circumstances.  And when the trials of life rise up to swallow me, give me the strength to offer You that hard hallelujah.  Thank You, Lord, for this day and for all the opportunities before me as a mother, wife and friend.  Thank You for your love, mercy and faithfulness.  Go before me this day, I pray, in Jesus' name, amen.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, Natalie, your words have touched my heart. I pray that I will have the courage to respond with the "hard hallelujah" - should the time come. Blessings to you and yours...I am enjoying your homeschooling blog too!

Shelli Bourque said...

Yes, yes. In giving thanks your faith is building. I think it forms a deep trust for the Giver, so that when the big trials come the well of trust will never run dry and the hard hallelujahs will come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails