Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 78

Jenny is on a journey of praying her way through the Psalms.  I was fortunate enough to join at the start.  Each weekend, we pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 78
"He remembered that they were but flesh, 
   a passing breeze that does not return."  Psalm 78: 39
Lord, thank You for Your mercy.  I am but flesh.  For all my intentions and plans, I have dry seasons in my walk with You.  In my daily existence, I sin against You and others.  My Spirit is willing but my flesh in weak.  And You remember this.  You respond to my shortcomings and sin with love, grace, forgiveness.  Your steadfast love and faithfulness is unchanging.  It never runs dry.  Thank You for who You are.  In Jesus' name, amen.



2 comments:

Trisha said...

Yes, Natalie, where would we be without His mercy! What a treasure of prayers you will have stored up by the time you finish praying through the Psalms. Your children will delight in having such a gift from your heart and hands.

Jenny said...

Oh how I struggle with a willing spirit and weak flesh. Thank you for your insights Natalie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails