Saturday, July 9, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 77

Jenny is on a journey of praying her way through the Psalms.  I was fortunate enough to join at the start.  Each weekend, we pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 77
"Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: 
   the years of the right hand of the Most High.” 
I will remember the deeds of the LORD; 
   yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. 
I will meditate on all your works 
   and consider all your mighty deeds."  Psalm 77: 10-12
Yes, we can lament and grieve when we are confused, broken-hearted and feeling alone.   In the verses above, He also gives us the cure for this suffering.  So I keep counting and praying that I will remember the deeds of the Lord in times of pain and in doing so, allow Him to heal my heart.


Father, thank You for this psalm and for all Your instruction this week on how to navigate painful experiences and come out the other side of them stronger and firmly in Your hand.  I ask that You would cement these truths in my mind and bring them to remembrance by Your Spirit when I need them.  In Jesus; name, amen.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails