Sunday, January 23, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 54

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 54
"You have delivered me from all my troubles, 
and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes."  Psalm 54: 7
I love that David wrote this Psalm while he was in hiding among his enemies.  Not after looking back but in the midst of the very real possibility of capture and death did David proclaim his deliverance.   


Lord, I want to be like David- one who has the faith to believe my deliverance is sure.  One who proclaims it boldly.  One who praises and thanks You for it even in the midst of the pain and fear of the trial.  Teach me this kind of trust, O God!  In Jesus' name, amen.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

One who praises and thanks You for it even in the midst of the pain and fear of the trial.

And maybe the pain and the fear and the trial would seem so much less...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails