Sunday, December 5, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 47

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 47
"Clap your hands, all you nations; 
   shout to God with cries of joy."  Psalm 47:1
Our little family has been going through a rough patch as of late.  Suffice it to say that it's been awhile since I clapped my hands and shouted to Him with cries of joy.  Cried to Him with tears of exhaustion?  Yes.  Shouted to Him in frustration and fear?  Yes.  Stomped my feet and demanded change?  Yes.  But shouted to Him with cries of joy?  No, not lately.
"For the LORD Most High is awesome, 
   the great King over all the earth."  Psalm 47:2 
I've missed the point, again, haven't I?  We clap our hands and shout for joy for He is awesome and the great King.  Not over our circumstances but in spite of them!  This is the only way to peace and contentment.  With God it is never too late.


Father, I praise You for who You are.  You are awesome.  You are the great King over all the earth.  Thank You for the privilege to bring my exhaustion, my frustration, my fear, my longing for change to You.  Help me to leave these things at your feet and receive Your peace.  Help me to trust You, to remember Your faithfulness.  Help me to clap my hands and shout to You with cries of joy!  In Jesus' name, amen.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails