Friday, September 3, 2010

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 33

Jenny has begun a journey of praying her way through the Psalms that I have decided to join. Each weekend, we will pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.

I am catching up from last week when we were away and posting my meditations on both Psalm 33 and 34 this weekend. 

Psalm 33
There is so much comfort here in this psalm, so much to rest in!  
"From heaven the LORD looks down
       and sees all mankind;
 from his dwelling place he watches
       all who live on earth-"  Ps 33:13-14
The same mighty, powerful God who spoke the worlds into existence, looks down from Heaven and sees all mankind.  He not only sees us but He watches us.  Seeing someone is passive- it just happens when your eyes pass over a person.  But watching is active- you have to pause and focus to watch someone.  And our God watches ALL who live on the earth.  He is not passive in anyone's life- believer or nonbeliever!

"But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
       on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,

 to deliver them from death
       and keep them alive in famine.

 We wait in hope for the LORD;
       he is our help and our shield.

 In him our hearts rejoice,
       for we trust in his holy name.

 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
       even as we put our hope in you."  Ps 33: 18-22

And for those of us who fear Him, for those of us whose hope is in His unfailing love- He is ON US! Oh, how I needed to hear these words today.  I am going through a rough patch emotionally right now.  I feel distant from the Lord but the truth is He is ON ME.  I am not in danger of physical death or famine but I am feeling dead and hungry inside.  He has not turned away from me, He is ON ME.
"But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,
       the purposes of his heart through all generations."  Ps 33: 11
Thank You, Lord, for this reminder.  My heart rejoices in You this morning, Lord, for I trust in Your holy name.  No matter my momentary feelings or trouble, Lord, my hope is still in Your unfailing love.  You are my help and my shield.  Your plans for me stand firm and the purposes of Your heart will never change.  Bring peace to my heart, Lord.  Bless my family, friends and whoever may pause to read this.  In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails