Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Reads

I am so excited that my love for reading has been revived recently.  I've been busy planning our Summer of Purpose and when I read this post on High Calling Blogs, I decided it would be fun to compile a reading list for myself!

Here is what I plan to fill my reading basket with:
Life of Washington 
Life of Washington by Anna Reed
I've just started this amazing biography of our founding father written by his niece.  It is riveting so far and a beautiful book to look at as well.

Outrageous Grace: A Story of Tragedy and Forgiveness 
Outrageous Grace: A Story of Tragedy and Forgiveness by Grace Fabian
The memoir of a missionary wife whose husband was murdered in the mission field in Papua, New Guinea.  It tells the story of how she and her four children carried on with God and His plan through their pain, grief and disorientation.

Billy Graham: His Life and Influence by David Aikman
This is my current Book Sneeze selection.  I'm looking forward to it as I love biographies and who doesn't love Billy Graham?


Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Faith in Community 
Life Together:  The Classic Exploration of Faith in Communtiy by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and
Love Letters from Cell 92: Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Maria von Wedemeyer, 1943-45 
Love Letters from Cell 92 by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and Maria von Wedemeyer
I so enjoyed reading about the life and legacy of Dietrich Bonhoeffer in Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy that I was inspired to read at least one of his original works as well as the love letters he exchanged with his fiance from a Nazi jail cell.

This selection fits right in with my intention to slow down and take better care of myself.  I hope it will help me transfer intentions into reality!

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream 
Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt
I think my faith could use the good shaking up this book promises!  Just as these two books did, I hope Radical will bring a God-perspective to my walk.


The Right to Write: An Invitation and Initiation into the Writing Life 
The Right to Write by Julia Cameron
Blogging has reignited my love of writing and reading!  I love the creative and intellectual outlet it offers.  I think this book will help me nurture and grow my writing.


Believing God: Member Book 
Believing God by Beth Moore
I have actually done this study twice already but it is so rich that I feel led to do it again.  It will be my summer devotional!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails