Thursday, September 22, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 87

Jenny is on a journey of praying her way through the Psalms.  I was fortunate enough to join at the start.  Each weekend, we pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 87
The LORD will write in the register of the peoples:
   “This one was born in Zion.” Psalm 87: 6
Feeling grateful this morning that for all my weaknesses and failures, I can know that my name is written in his register.  It is recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life.  Not because I deserve it.  Not because of anything I have done.  Simply because I was born again.  When I believed the Truth about who I was and who He is and how I need Him, I was born in Zion.  And no matter what evil I do or say, though I try each day to honor Him in word and deed, this assurance cannot be taken from me.


Father, thank You.  Thank You for the indescribable gift of salvation and eternal life!  May I walk worthy of Your calling in my life.  In Jesus' name, amen.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails