Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 86

Jenny is on a journey of praying her way through the Psalms.  I was fortunate enough to join at the start.  Each weekend, we pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.


Psalm 86
"Teach me your way, O LORD,
   and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
   that I may fear your name." Psalm 86: 11
Oh, to have an undivided heart!  In this day and in this culture where speed and multi-tasking are the goal, I have been a full participant.  My heart is often divided.  My life compartmentalized into neat little boxes and divided up into a daily to do list- Quiet Time at the top of this list with its own little box to check off.  Is this what I want from this life?  No!  I want a life that flows from an undivided heart that is staid on Him and His plan for me.  But a divided, compartmentalized walk is often what I see in my life.  Only He can give me an undivided heart.  I cannot conjure up this level of devotion to Him on my own.  It is a gift from Him, so I pray... 


Father, give me an undivided heart, one that always holds You in first place.  Help me to allow my life to flow from a love for You.  Show me how to be a good steward of my time without planning so much in my own strength that I make no room in my life for Your plan for me.  In Jesus' name, amen.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails