Saturday, December 5, 2009

Counting My Blessings

Here are some things that have reminded me of God's goodness and made me smile over the last few days:
  • Cheering on my third grader's basketball team (I never knew how much I LOVE basketball!)
  • Stealing a few moments ALONE to get my hair done
  • Seeing my husband's reaction to the new "do"
  • Having dinner with a dear friend who is home from the UK, where she and her family relocated
  • Spending a morning with other moms from our kids' school, who gathered to talk about faith, and getting the opportunity to share the truth in love with them
  • Helping my third grader with his Native American longhouse project (Phew, this sure makes the OCD in me come out!)
  • Listening to my three children recite the scriptures they have been memorizing for Awana
  • Sending my children to a school where Jesus is proclaimed and their teachers have a genuine love for the children and passion for their work
  • Listening to Christmas carols as often as I can
  • Decorating our home for Christmas
  • Reading Jotham's Journey at bedtime with the kids

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails