Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Praying the Psalms- Psalm 90


Jenny is on a journey of praying her way through the Psalms.  I was fortunate enough to join at the start.  Each weekend, we pray through one psalm and post our prayer and/or meditations on that psalm as the Lord leads. Check out her journey and join us in Praying the Psalms.

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
   that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."  Psalm 90: 14
Many things have been put on pause as we got started on Our Great Homeschool Experiment this fall.  Most of these things were necessary and wise.  At least one was not.  I have neglected my morning Quiet Times in favor of 30 minutes more sleep for about a month now.  I know that God is gracious and compassionate and I do not feel guilty.  But I do feel lonely.  I miss Him and the daily, intimate interaction we enjoyed.  I miss the peace I received when I laid my burdens down at His feet each day.  So, here I am again...    


Lord, thank You for the strength to get up this morning and meet with You.  Thank You for Your grace on all those days when I did not.  Satisfy me in the morning with Your unfailing love, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days!  In Jesus's name, amen.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails